WEWF is currently in playtesting as bugs are ironed out and the overall experience polished for a public release. However, the whitelist is practically public. The questions are more of a survey than an application. The game is in a playable state, players can spawn into the world and look for special crops, settle towns, cook and brew (and a couple other things, see below!) but we do stress that this project is still under development so it may not be as polished as other servers and issues may arise here or there.
That said, in the week or two that we’ve been playtesting we’ve experienced ZERO catastrophic failures or downtime (unexpected or otherwise!) and if the age of this PMC page is worth anything, I have a good bit of experience and know my away around the technical aspects of running a server. Our shortcomings at the moment are largely window-dressing and polish that I’ll focus on more as I complete more of the gameplay development.
– Under regular development, even after the beta, we plan on implementing new and unique features aimed at creating an immersive Earth experience!
– Custom, regional crops such as barley, hops, onions, garlic, grapes, oranges, corn, black pepper, coffee and much, much more. Make meaningful trade agreements with foreign states, become a bonafide traveling merchant, or establish farms, vineyards, orchards and more.
– Custom foods and Brewery for alcohol brewing with regional crops, to give greater purpose to trade and regions. Become a cheesemonger or just produce the finest Champagne in France.
– /Sell easily for income: Players can use /sell to sell a number of vanilla items, as well as regional crops, to the server for money. These items are somewhat restricted to leave space for player-driven markets, but there is a wide variety of ways to generate income: farming, mining, fishing, ranching, and so on!
– /Buy extra improvements and abilities: Spend that money trading on player markets, or use it in /buy to purchase things like building blocks, McMMO classes, banks, and shops!
– Player-owned shops: Players can trade with one another through player-owned shopkeeper NPCs that themselves can be made available for hire to other players.
– And more! McMMO, Heads Database, StackMob, Dynmap, LWC, World Wrap, and more! New features planned for the future as well!
If you are interested in playtesting during the beta period, feel free to apply on our discord (fastest method) or submit your application in the comments here using the following format:
What part of the world do you plan on playing in?
What are your preferred gameplay styles? (Building, Exploring, PVP, PVE, RP, etc)
How did you hear about WEWF?
Do you understand that this is a playtesting period and some features may be incomplete or missing?
These questions are more of a survey than a strict application process. All are welcome, we just have a whitelist up until the full release is ready. No resets or restarts are planned for the world at the end of this testing period. Your progress will not be lost after testing.